Thursday, November 11, 2010

grants, colors & shapes

Most of this week was spent working on my grant application. 3 hours

I also continued working on shape exercises and working more with layering transparent shapes and trying to capture the ideas of movement. Amanda recommended I look at the work of installation artist Cornelia Parker to understand the feeling of explosion especially in the photos below. 3 hours




From the additional shapes exercises I created the feedback I got was that the color palate was a bit muted and not great for the target age group of 9-14.





Next week I am going to continue making more shape exercises with a variety of bright colors as well playing with the spaces between the shapes similar to this example I created.


I like Erica's comment from the last post saying it would be good to experiment with more abstract shapes so I'm excited to see how that will turn out since the shapes I have been working with are geometric. I will also work with loren ipsum text as well with the text of rising stars for a logo that can convey the qualities of the organization.

No comments:

Post a Comment