Thursday, November 4, 2010

sketches

Since I have decided on the title of Rising Stars, I started sketching possible ideas of what the logo could look like. 3 hours






After talking to Seth and Amanda, they suggested that I create shape exercises so I could visualize these adjectives that will describe Rising Stars:
-explosive
-play
-social
-laugh
-happiness
-quirky
-energetic
-spirit
-vibrant
-active
-boisterous
-exuberant
-improving
-friendly
-growing
-teamwork
3 hours






I also tried working with type with a made up words and trying to see if the words could resemble the adjectives above.



From the feedback I have received, next week I am going to continue making more refined shape exercises trying to convey more of the words and figuring out what shapes would sell the idea. I am also going to create a time line of events that would occur throughout the year, similar to the tournaments, leagues that I discussed with the director of Common Bond Basketball. This is something that I didn't think of originally, and important to consider the marketing side as well as the design and visual aspect of Rising Stars.

1 comment:

  1. I think doing shape and text exercises based off of those adjectives is a great idea! Try broadening the type of shapes that you use. You are sticking mostly to circles, rectangles, etc. in this exercise, which is a great start, but try to broaden it to see how the shapes can contort to feel like the adjectives. A quick and fun way to play around with this is using the Free Transform tool in Photoshop where you can Warp, Distort, Skew, etc. Your digital exercise so far have been very rectilinear, so using this tool could help you exercise your creativity further. Let me know if you need help. I think the timeline is also a great idea and will help you figure out what events you want to advertise.
    Erica

    ReplyDelete