Friday, December 3, 2010

editing

Over the past two weeks, I am now starting to finalize my key concepts for my organization, which is exciting because I am realizing that these concepts are clearer to the audience and now I can get the chance to work on my designs. 4 hours

I also continued to research existing non-profits that I could create a re-design of the organization, something that Hannah Smotrich suggested from the guest critique. One organization called United through Sport. This organization gives youth in South Africa to play sports where there isn't opportunity as well as raising awareness of poverty. I was thinking about creating design work for an existing organization or create my own organization and I decided to stick with the second option. 2 hours

As I was editing my mission and vision of the organization, I was hesitating on a location that the organization would be based upon. I have made the choice to have located in Madison, WI, my hometown and attract the kids from the various and diverse areas of Madison. Last week I was thinking about having Rising Stars located in LA, because I was thinking of the diversity and the kids from different backgrounds, but then I realized I had no personal interest with LA compared to Madison.

My revised objective and vision is to bring together kids who would probably not meet each other because they are not of neighboring areas and create a fun interaction through baseball and softball while providing a healthy social setting where boys and girls can play sports together, be enthusiastic and together achieve new skills and reach new goals. Keywords for my organization would include: play, inclusive, collaboration, open-minded, empathy

The results of Rising stars would be for kids to meet other kids their age that have different perspectives that they would not be aware of each other and continue to develop life long skills such as learning to work with all different types of people.

Here are my favorite logo options for rising stars. Now I am looking at the star as a symbol to show that kids are coming together from different areas of Madison to play baseball. I also wanted to see if my shape exercises could work on a uniform design. I'm not so sure if it works yet but I will continue to make more designs. 4 hours




I also worked on putting my presentation together. I'm glad my presentation was clear, because I was nervous that people would be confused if someone has not heard about my process. 4 hours

Next week, I am looking to create more designs for all materials such as logos, uniforms, posters and brochures. I will be meeting with Janie and Seth this Tuesday so I'm excited to get feedback.

1 comment:

  1. Jayme,
    I like the focus you've developed for Rising Star - more collaboration than competition; but it might be good to think about how the competitive aspect of sports fits in with the generous, empathic quality that you are also imagining. You should look back at the time line that you wrote and see what you should be doing now. You're going to need to produce a lot of work in the next week and then include that in your presentation. Your logo still needs more work but it's getting there.We'll talk tomorrow.
    Janie

    ReplyDelete