Thursday, October 21, 2010

week 7: organizing

This past week, I gathered all my materials, conducted more research and created a guide that I emailed to Tyrone at Common Bond. In this guide, I included the mission statement, keywords, shape analysis, color swatches and a modification of the logo and some alternative fonts. 7 hours








Tyrone was fine with everything except the logo. He doesn't wanted that tweaked at all. I was disappointed because even with a few corrections the logo could look better. Then, I decided to continue with editing the logo, for my own purposes and started sketching some ideas.



Now I'm starting to think that I don't want to continue with Common Bond Basketball. The client does not care what designs I submit and doesn't want any adjustments to the logo, and I feel that needs to be changed. So I decided to tweak my direction.

I'm looking to create my own professional sports team for sports that are not extremely high-profiled: field hockey, rugby, lacrosse to name a few. I've been drawn to the NBA Carolina bobcats identity process and coming up with the name, logo down to designing other mediums such as the equipment, and the uniforms-- it seems as their are plenty of opportunities for me in areas of design. With these designs, similar to Common Bond Basketball would be to promote attendance at the games and awareness to this new team. The audience would be a wide range, from people of all ages who play
lacrosse to the spectators who attend the games.

I did a little bit of research and there are 6 teams in the Major League Lacrosse and now I'm thinking of creating a "fantasy" and a new addition to the league.

I know I have been trying to figure out whether I would like to design for a client or design for myself. I also am waiting to hear back from someone at WOLV-tv, the television channel that can be viewed in the dorms and possibly producing graphics for them. This will give me a chance to work with a client.

Next week, I plan to continue researching and making sketches for a different sports teams by brainstorming possible locations and names of a team. I also plan to sketch the logos and create color studies.

1 comment:

  1. Jayme,

    I already emailed you my main comments about this. The boil down to, I'd hate to see you throw away the thought and research you've already done, and latch onto a completely new idea. What can you take forward from the explorations you've already done?

    ReplyDelete